Friday 13 March 2009 DAILY LECTIONARY

Daily Lectionary info at dailylectionary.org
Fri Mar 13 02:00:07 EDT 2009

March 13, 2009
Meditation:
    He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
    -- 2 Corinthians 3:6 (NIV)
Quotation:
    God has not cared that we should anywhere have assurance of His very words; and that not merely, perhaps, because of the tendency in His children to word-worship, false logic, and corruption of the truth, but because He would not have them oppressed by words, seeing that words, being human, and therefore but partially capable, could not absolutely contain or express what the Lord meant, and that even He must depend for being understood upon the spirit of His disciple. Seeing that it could not give life, the letter should not be throned with power to kill.
    ... George MacDonald (1824-1905), “The Knowing of the Son,” Unspoken Sermons, Third Series [1889] (see the book)
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, make me to be obedient to the Spirit.
    See the Christian Quotation of the Day and the Quotations Bible Study